Making the right impression in an interview can get you the offer—and the salary—you desire. But under the pressure of an interview, even the most confident professional may not present himself or herself in the best light, or may unknowingly send the wrong messages.
Interview-skills coaching will help you:
• See yourself through the interviewer's eyes
• Gain self-awareness and confidence
• Fine-tune your verbal and nonverbal presentation to get the results you want
• Prepare yourself to respond optimally to a wide range of interviewing styles
Here is how it works:
• Your coaching begins with a simulated job interview, with a First Impressions coach playing the role of your interviewer.
• You and your coach will have a follow-up discussion to analyze the impression you make, the positive messages you send, and things you could do better. Your coach will outline the specific things you said or did that contributed to your first impression—verbally, nonverbally, and emotionally.
• Your coach will help you to define new ways of presenting yourself—and practice handling challenging questions with you—until you are confident, articulate, and poised in your responses and self-presentation.
• You may also practice negotiating your salary—to ensure you get the salary you want and deserve.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is this service for?
It is for anyone who is in the job market—or preparing to be. If you are right out of school and inexperienced in interviewing, we will focus on developing your basic skill set. If you are a seasoned professional, we will help you to hone your interviewing skills, and to learn new interviewing subtleties that will differentiate you from your competitors, and enable you to negotiate the best compensation.
What style of interview do you simulate?
We will challenge you to answer questions from a variety of interviewing techniques, from traditional to the state-of-the-art to the hard-balled questions, so you have no surprises. Interview approaches we explore range from the unstructured styles "tell me about yourself" to behavioral-event methods such as "tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a peer" methods. We tailor the role-play interview to the position you are seeking and prepare you for questions that explore any areas of weakness or gaps in your experience—so you are practiced and confident in your responses.
What is my feedback based on?
Your feedback is based on academic research that quantifies what makes a positive impression in job interviews, with a focus on confidence, clarity, and nonverbal behavior. We provide feedback on all key "first impression" behaviors, as well as specific interviewing skills. You will receive a written feedback report.
How do I get started?
To schedule a session, call us at (212) 219-0923 or send us a message via the Contact Us page. We can schedule your meeting at a time and place that is convenient for you.
The fee for the 3-hour session is $745. You have the option of paying online or by check. You may cancel up to 24 hours before the session; upon cancellation you are entitled to a full refund or the option of rescheduling. If you pay by check, we must receive your check before the scheduled session. Please mail the check to us at 22 Prince Street, #318, New York NY 10012.